So I’ve decided to start blogging again as one of my ways forward this year. It isn’t a resolution as I know I don’t stick to them. It’s a new year and instead of resolutions i’m going to bring what I learnt last year forward and act on them. Last year, I found myself after a series of lessons I’d learnt along the way. Here are 10 things i learnt last year:
- Say Yes to opportunities. I had some of the most amazing experiences last year thanks to just saying Yes. I taught in India for two weeks and trekked the Great Wall of China for CoppaFeel!
- Say No when it needs to be said. To say I burnt the candle at both ends last year is an understatement. I tried to please everyone and take on as much as I could possibly do and it really took its toll.
- You can’t please everyone. Taking from number 2, you definitely can’t please everyone. I was definitely the sort of person who would try at all costs to keep everyone happy and sacrifice my own time and wellbeing to do so. I’ve learnt it can’t be done and it’s not good for myself as well I burnt myself out.
- Take care of myself. Both mentally and physically. When i found out I was Trekking the Great Wall of China, I started training again and kept it up since being home. It’s the best thing I’ve done. I feel healthier in myself and it’s helped me feel less stressed. This blog will be showcasing parts of my fitness lifestyle.
- Spend time outdoors. Spending time outdoors is essential. It’s nice to just step outside and go walking (running is also good but I’m not keen on cardio). Being outdoors really helped to clear my thoughts and prioritise the important things which is why every weekend I now try to go out walking.
- Travel more. Now last year I visited four different countries. I taught in India, visited schools in Dubai, spent two weeks in Orlando and trekked the Great Wall of China (I probably will mention this a lot so forgive me now). Travelling broadens your mind, It has opened my eyes to different cultures and different lifestyles. I have so many more places on my list which i cannot wait to visit and cross off.
- Read more. Since deciding to finish my uni course, I noticed how little time I had spent reading. I’m a great believer in reading, I buy books as presents for people especially my god-children. I hope to leave my phone aside a few evenings a week and pick up a good book.
- Spend more time with family and friends. As I used to try and keep up everything at once, I did neglect spending time with family and friends. This year has started off well with this, I’m spending more time with my family, seen my friends more in a social setting rather than somewhere where i’d be constantly on the go.
- Raise awareness for charities that mean a lot to me. I’ve been really lucky with the support i’ve had over the years and well I would love to be able to give back. This year i’ve got some exciting things happening with CoppaFeel! which I can’t wait to blog about.
- Blog more. Last year, I said I was going to blog but it just didn’t go to plan. When I did write, I found that it helped and gave me a balance between everything. So this year, i plan to take on that by blogging more. It will mainly be lifestyle with a hint of fitness and beauty thrown in but I am excited to start this new venture.
So they are my 10 things I learnt which i’m bringing forward to 2016. I can’t wait to share my 2016 with you. What are 10 things you’d like to take from last year and bring into this year?